Wednesday 8 May 2013

12) Planning - Shotlist & Script


Video shot list

Intro in coffee shop: 

Holly says 'I'm sorry' and sit's staring at coffee cup (over the shoulder shot)

The guy that she's with gets up and leaves (wide angle) 

Side shot of Holly (focus changes onto a happy couple in the background). 

Holly looks over and smiles sadly and sings first verse.

Verse 1 - coffee shop shoot

Summer comes and winter fades, (Holly - close up)

Here we are just the same,

We don't need pressure, we don't need change,

Let's not give the game away. (Holly looks over again)

(Cuts to girl and boy) There used to be an empty space,

A photograph without a face, (girl smiles at boy)

But with your presence with your grace, (boy takes girls hand)

Everything falls into place. (Focus goes to Holly as she leaves)

Chorus - Capstone shoot (field)

Please don't say you love me, (sitting on fence, mid shot)

'cause I might not say it back, (mid close up of Holly)

Doesn't mean my heart stopped skipping when you look at me like that. (Look straight into camera)

There’s no need to worry when you see just where we're at. (Close up of guitar)

Just please don't say you love me (mid close up)

'cause I might not say it back. (Close up of Holly’s face looking straight at camera) 

(Jump down off the fence)

(Shot of Holly's feet landing on floor)

(Shot of Holly's hand as she leans guitar against fence)

Verse 2 - Capstone shoot (by pond)

Heavy words (Holly walks past couple) are hard to take (camera pans to couple and they become the focus)

Under pressure precious things will break, (mid shot of another boy smiling at girl)

How we feel is hard to fake, (she looks back to boyfriend as he looks round to the boy)

So let’s not give the game away. (turns back round to girl looking angry and walks away)

Chorus - Capstone shoot (field)

Please don't say you love me, (Holly walking through field, hands feeling the corn)

'cause I might not say it back, (close up of Holly’s face)

Doesn't mean my heart stopped skipping when you look at me like that. (Look up at sky and look sad)

There’s no need to worry when you see just where we're at. (See boy’s silhouette walking towards her from the distance)

Just please don't say you love me (Holly’s face looks confused)

'cause I might not say it back. (A flower falls out of Holly’s hand and onto the floor in 50fps)

Bridge - School hall Prom shoot

Fools rush in. (Boy and Girl walk in - girl still angry, boy wanting to make it up to her)

I've been the fool before, (cuts to Holly under the gazebo, fairy lights off)

This time I'm gonna slow down,

'cause I think this could be more,

The thing I'm looking for. (Holly looks over to see them come in the room)

Chorus -

Please don't say you love me, (boys hands uncover girls eyes)

'cause I might not say it back, (shot of gazebo as the lights come on)

Doesn't mean my heart stopped skipping when you look at me like that. (Cuts to Girl smiling and Boy and walking towards her)

There’s no need to worry when you see just where we're at. (Boy and Girl embrace/dance)

Just please don't say you love me,  (Boy & and girl kiss)

'cause I might not say it back. (Boy & and girl leave)

Please don't say you love me, (Holly see's them leave and reaches into her pocket and looks up - crane)

'cause I might not say it back, (Picture drops) (close up of picture)

Back to Field Shoot

Doesn't mean my heart stopped skipping when you look at me like that. (Holly starts to walk into the distance towards the boy)

Back to Gazebo Shoot
There’s no need to worry when you see just where we're at. (High angle of amy and picture, Holly looking confused)

Just please don't say you love me, (Holly drops to floor)

'cause I might not say it back. (Holly looks at picture then looks around the room)

Last Line - Back to Field shoot

Just please don't say you love me cause I might not say it back (crane shot - Holly takes boys hand and walks away - out of focus as they leave) FADE TO BLACK.

No comments:

Post a Comment